Updating cattaraugus cemetery Sex chat bei skype
The land between the creeks, which makes up most of downtown and South Troy, was owned by Annape.
South of the Wynants Kill and into present-day North Greenbush, the land was owned by Pachquolapiet.
Troy has close ties to the nearby cities of Albany and Schenectady, forming a region popularly called the Capital District.
In 1789, Troy adopted its present name following a vote of the people.
Troy was incorporated as a town two years later and extended east across the county to the Vermont line, including Petersburgh.
In 1796, Troy became a village and in 1816, it became a city.
Lansingburgh, to the north, became part of Troy in 1900.
The city is one of the three major centers for the Albany Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), which has a population of 1,170,483. Today, Troy is home to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, the oldest private engineering and technical university in the US, founded in 1824.